The race will start and finish at Baxter Boulevard, between Forest Ave. and Preble St. All races start at 7:45 a.m.
An early start at 6 a.m. is available only for marathon walkers who expect to maintain a pace of 13 minutes per mile or slower. Anyone who starts early will not be eligible for awards, and there is no early start for half marathoners. Early starters who finish in less than 5:30 will be disqualified.
Please Note: No dogs, baby strollers or bicycles are allowed.
The marathon is a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. The USATF certification number is ME12014JK (half marathon number is ME12011JK).
- Water stops with Gatorade (lemon-lime Endurance Formula) located approximately every two miles.
- Hi-tech long-sleeve t-shirt
- Automatic timing with ChronoTrack B-Tag chip
- Goody bags to first 3,500 at packet pickup
- Post-race refreshments
- Pre- and post-race massages available at start/finish line
- Baggage check available at start/finish area
- Finishers medal to all runners and certificate of completion to marathoners
- Showers and lockers available at USM’s Sullivan Gym
- Medical tent located at finish line, with additional medical personnel patrolling the course
- Professional photo service, PhotoChambers, will take photos of all finishers and make them available for purchase
- All entrants receive a coupon to a selected Portland Sea Dogs game in 2018. The game will be designated as Maine Marathon Day
Awards for the marathon and half marathon will be given to the top three overall male and female finishers, the first male and female master (40+), the first male and female grand master (50+), the first male and female senior grand master (60+), and the first wheelchair, as determined by gun time. There are also male and female age-group awards, determined by net time, as follows:
- 19 & under (top 3)
- 20-29 (top 3)
- 30-34 (top 3)
- 35-39 (top 3)
- 40-44 (top 3)
- 45-49 (top 3)
- 50-54 (top 3)
- 55-59 (top 3)
- 60-64 (top 3)
- 65-69 (top 3)
- 70-74 (top 3)
- 75-79 (top 3)
- 80-99 (top 1)
Awards also will be presented to the top three male, female and mixed relay teams, as well as the first-place masters team in each category.
|1st Master M/F||$250||$150|
|1st Grand Master M/F||$250||$150|
|1st Sr. Grand Master M/F||$250||$150|