Directions & Parking for the Maine Marathon
The race starts and finishes on Baxter Boulevard, between Forest Ave. and Preble St.
Take I-295 to Exit 6B (Forest Avenue North). Take left at first light onto Bedford Street, continue straight on Bedford Street to park in the USM garage on the left, or park at one of the alternate locations shown on the map below — the Campus Center lot, UMaine School of Law, the Fixture Designer Plumbing Showroom lot, the Back Cove lot, the AAA lot or the Turner Barker Insurance lot.
Please do not park in the Hannaford shopping center lot, which is reserved for store customers.
NOTE: Please arrive early on race day to minimize traffic backups.
Valet Bike Parking
New this year, you can ride your bike to the start and check it with our bike valets, organized and staffed by the Bicycle Coalition of Maine! Help reduce our environmental impact and ride to run, to volunteer, or to cheer!
TOP TEN REASONS TO RIDE YOUR BIKE TO THE RACE
- Reduce your CO2 footprint
- Fun way to warm up and cool down
- No stress over finding parking
- The most convenient parking spot EVER — right at the start/finish line.
- It’s free!!!
- It’s secure – BikeMaine volunteers will watch your bike all day long!
- It’s open to everyone… runners, volunteers and spectators.
- It’s right next to the Back Cove Trail
- Did we say it was safe and secure?
- Did we say it was FREE!!!